Directions for online applications:
- Fill/sign application
- Return Applications to:
Maple Lake Public Schools
ATTN: Human Resources
200 Highway 55 E
Maple Lake, MN 55358
Certified Application: all Administration, Teachers, Substitute Teachers and all other licensed please choose the following application.
Non-Licensed positions please fill out the one of the following support staff application listed below.
- Secretary, Clerical & Other Application
- Caferteria Application
- Custodial Application
- Instructional Assistant Application
Maple Lake Public Schools serves about 875 preschool through 12th grade students in a beautiful rural setting situated in the heart of central Minnesota lake region. Maple Lake is located 40 miles west of the Twin Cities and 30 miles southeast of St. Cloud. Maple Lake Irish extracurricular and co-curricular activities have enjoyed enormous success over the last several years. Our students have a history of scoring well on state assessments. The mission of Maple Lake Public Schools is to create an exceptional place to learn and work, emphasizing educational opportunities and promote academic achievement, life-long learning, and productive citizenship in our society.
Immediate opening for a Custodian II. Duties include cleaning the building and basic building maintenance. Pay according to the 2017-19 Support Staff Master Agreement, Pay scale II, DOQ (to be adjusted when the 2019-21 contract is settled). Work year: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm during school year and 7:00 am – 3:00 pm during summer; 250 workdays per year with paid vacation and holidays. Boilers license or willing to obtain preferred.
Please submit a letter of interest and Custodial Application (found on our website: www.maplelake.k12.mn.us) to:
Maureen Donohue, Human Resources Manager
Application deadline: Open until filled
Posting date: December 16, 2019
Closing date: January 24, 2020
Starting date: July 1, 2020
Tentative Interview Date: February 12, 2020
The Maple Lake Schools is seeking candidates for the full time position of Superintendent of Schools. The successful candidate will begin work on or around July 1, 2020 and will receive a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants must hold a license as Superintendent of Schools issued by the State of Minnesota or be eligible to obtain a license at the time the application is submitted. Experience as a school superintendent is preferred. Experience as a principal or similar public school district administrative position is otherwise required.
- Knowledge and experience in the general administration of a comprehensive program of instructional and support services for pre-K through 12th grade students and community education patrons.
- Proficiency in communications and public relations including a record of positive involvement in the community.
- Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of instructional and support programs for learners of all ages.
- Knowledge and experience in the management and development of school personnel.
- Knowledge and experience of Minnesota public school finance and school district financial management including budget development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience in positive interactions with the local School Board and other governmental units.
School District Information:
- The Maple Lake School District serves 830 k-12 students. In addition, children, families and other district residents are served through early childhood and community education programs. Maple Lake services are located on one convenient campus.
- The district employs 130 licensed and non licensed staff members including one K-6 Principal and one 7-12 Principal, a Community Education Director shared with Annandale Schools, an Activities Director, and a Child Study Coordinator employed by MAWSECO. The district contracts transportation services and the management of food services.
- Maple Lake is located 30 miles southeast of St. Cloud and about the same distance west of the Twin Cities. Neighboring communities include Monticello to the northeast, Buffalo to the east, Howard Lake to the south and Annandale to the west.
- The district’s operating budget is approximately $10 million. Maple Lake is in a strong financial position with a growing fund balance. The district passed an operating levy in recent years; this contributed significantly to the district’s financial health.
- The mission of Maple Lake Public Schools is to create an exceptional place to learn and work emphasizing educational opportunities that promote academic achievement, life-long learning, and productive citizenship in our society.
- Additional information is available at the district’s website: maplelake.k12.mn.us
Interested parties should submit the following electronic files, in PDF format, to Greg Vandal at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- cover letter
- detailed resume including a list of references
- four current letters of recommendation
- evidence of licensure
Additional materials may be requested as the process moves forward.
Inquiries regarding the position can be directed to Search Consultant Greg Vandal at 320-247-3739 or email@example.com.
Recreation Supervisor (Temporary) - Annandale-Maple Lake Community Education
Date Available: ASAP
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Annandale and Maple Lake Community Education Department is currently seeking candidates for a temporary Recreation Supervisor in our Community Education Department located in Maple Lake. The candidate hired for this position will be responsible to open the Activity Center on Sunday afternoons from 3:00 - 5:00 PM. This person will be responsible for collecting money at the door for open gym or punching punches card previously purchased. To ensure the visitors using the gym are using it appropriately and being safe. This position will start immediately and will continue until the end of March 2020. Please send a letter of interest or contact Brandii Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org / 320-274-3058. This job is working specifically work on Maple Lake School Grounds with community education programs. Rate of pay: $11.08 - $13.69/ hour – depending on experience must be out of high school to apply!
Director of Community Education
Annandale and Maple Lake Public Schools
320-274-3058 EXT. 4600
Minnesota Math Corps or Reading Corps Tutor
Position title: Math Tutor – Minnesota Math Corps
Reading Tutor – Minnesota Reading Corps
Join us as we head back to school! Maple Lake Elementary is looking for caring adults to serve with Minnesota Reading Corps or Minnesota Math Corps. You can help kids become successful in reading or math! You’ll work directly with students every school day, during school hours, August- June.
- Elementary Literacy Tutor
- Math Enrichment Tutor
Tutors come from many backgrounds and include recent high school and college grads, career changers, stay- at- home parents and retirees. With training, support from onsite coaches and evidence- based strategies, Reading Corps and Math Corps tutors are well- equipped to change lives. No previous teaching experience necessary!
Tutors earn a living allowance, education award to repay student loans or pay tuition, and federal student loan forbearance. Tutors may be eligible for health insurance and child care assistance. To learn how you can join our team, visit www.readingandmath.net.
Questions? Contact Becca.Johnson@servetogrow.org or 612- 430- 9882.
- Teacher substitutes (certified or short call)
- Instructional Assistant substitutes
- Cafeteria substitutes
- Custodial substitutes
Job specific applications can be found on the left side of the “District Employment” page. Paper applications available upon request by contacting 320-
Maple Lake Schools
200 Highway 55 E
Maple Lake, MN 55358